Saturday, October 25, 2008

We've Always Done It This Way!

Wow! Things have been so busy lately. I can't post about all of it
because not only would you be ever so bored, but you would never
have time to read it all...plus I don't have time to type it.

Our church is growing in leaps and bounds...we are running out of
room. We have new families coming in and with new families
comes new ideas. I love trying new things....and one of the
statements I absolutely HATE to hear is,
"This is how we've always done it."

When those words are uttered it, sends
chills up my spine through to the part of my brain that makes my
skin crawl. It is almost as if the devil himself has said them trying to
put out any flame of excitement in the room.

Why bring this up you wonder....well, it's because we have some of
those people at our church. They are the type of people who
hate trying anything new. They think that if they are not in charge
of it, if it wasn't their idea or if it isn't done they way
they have always done it ~ that it is doomed to fail.

So what if we have never done it that way....The way you
'always done it' was done for the first time somewhere down the line.
RIGHT?

I just wish that those people could see that it's okay to get out
of your comfort zone. It's suppose to be about what is good for
the church body as a whole...not just them.

I don't mean to seem aggravated...but I am. I think the Lord has
some really awesome things planned for our church and I sure would
hate to know we missed out because we were worried about doing
things the way we've always done them.


(Don't misunderstand...it's not me coming up with the new ideas and getting
mad because they are rejecting me...it's any ideas or new ways that they
are rejecting...from almost everyone)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I realize that you perhaps want to be a little anonymous on your blog, but I was curious about your church beliefs. I hope to be back to visit again soon.

Theresa's Notes said...

I guess I'm the easy type. If my pastor or his wife has something new they want to try, I sit back and say ok.

If you want to try something new, and you think the Lords in it, and it's scriptural, then pray that the Lord have his Will in it, and pray that your church will just sit back and say ok.